Sunday, October 8, 2023

 

“ Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us.”

― Golda Meir, A Land of Our Own: An Oral Autobiography


As I count off the days one after another, my thoughts turn to my mother who had a unique view of things. While always fully involved in the holiday that was up next, she had an uncanny awareness of the next holiday which was just around the corner. It never diminished her focus on the celebration at hand. Yet both mentally and physically she was engaged in what's next. For her, it was cyclical.

On this 150 day journey, there are some intermediate milestones. Columbus Day is here, Day 12.

My birthday will be here shortly, another 20days.

Then Veteran's Day, followed by Thanksgiving, then Pearl Harbor Day, which also happens to be the first day of Chanukah.

Shortly after that,18days, is Christmas, then New Years Eve and Becca's wedding.

In early January we'll hit the 100 day milestone, then Valentines day.

By St. Patties day, we will hit that 150 day milestone.

Not an ending, just a mile marker.

I think I will celebrate with a toast with my friend Jim as we both hit another milestone.

Looking forward to that!

Keep Telling the Stories!

2023

No comments:

Post a Comment