Saturday, December 1, 2018

Where did the week go?

"I learned to look more upon the bright side of my condition, and less upon the dark side, and to consider what I enjoyed, rather than what I wanted..."
~ Daniel Defoe, "Robinson Crusoe"
Don't even ask me where this week went.
I haven't got a clue.
One minute it was Tuesday and it looked like clear sailing ahead and the next thing I knew it was Saturday and I hadn't had a minute to myself for days.
Today I am finally able to grab some time to catch up on a bunch of stuff that I have neglected ,including writing!
So what's been going on?
Well, my evenings were eaten up visiting a friend who was sitting shiva this week.
I am glad I did, even though it came at the expense of any later in the day free time.
Of course there was the funeral itself which took care of my Tuesday free time.
Wednesday just seemed to disappear, and for the life of me I can't remember where.
There was my interview with the Ridgewood Adult School on Thursday which went very well (I will be teaching my So You Want To Start A Business course in March).
I also had to get a re certification of my CDL medical certificate which for some reason took up most of my Friday morning.
All I know is that in a week that I hoped would bring opportunities to keep moving forward, I did a lot and accomplished very little if that makes any sense at all.
It's a little bit after noon now and after a spending some time having lunch with Max, I hope to spend the rest of the afternoon cleaning up my desk and getting myself prepared for the upcoming week.
I feel a lite bit disoriented and a quiet afternoon of regrouping seems like just what I need to regain my balance.
Shabbat Shalom and I'll write again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment