Friday, August 10, 2018

Successful People Don't Make Excuses!

 "  Successful people DON'T make excuses. If you want success, you need to learn how to stop making excuses, and start making PROGRESS.” 
~ Brian Tracy
It's been a month since I have written to you on a How Am I Doin' Friday.
During that month , I can honestly say that I was not doing that well.
In fact , I was barely hanging on.
Yesterday was the first time I actually felt well enough to write in weeks.
Today is even better. 
For the second day in a row, I dressed myself.
I went and had my beard trimmed today as well.
I made myself a healthy breakfast .
I actually am starting to feel human again.
Incremental choices make for monumental changes.
I spoke with a couple of friends this morning, both of whom are dealing with their own special challenges.
The recurring theme?
1 day at a time,1 step at a time.
During the past few weeks, I found myself at the doorstep of the cursed house of "Poor Me!"
The good news is that I never opened that door.
I knew that this was not the place I wanted to or needed to visit.
I heard the same from my 2 friends this morning. 
Trust me, opening that door and walking into that cursed house seemed tempting, but only when despair sets in.
It's an easy out......for quitters!
Had it not been for this Journey, this exploration into the world of personal growth and development, I fear, no I know, that my choice would have been to surrender rather than fight on.
I have many people to thank for helping me.
I am so grateful for all of the love and support I have experienced over the last 5 years.
I want you to know how much I appreciate you being a big part of that.
That's how I am doing on this How Am I Doing Friday!
Shabbat Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment